Beta Beta Beta
Learn about Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta), a biology science honor society at Purdue Fort Wayne.
Purpose and Goals
- Function as an honor and professional society for students of the biological sciences
- Stimulate interest, scholarly attainment, and investigation in the biological sciences
- Promote the dissemination of information and new interpretations among students of the life sciences
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Types of Membership and Qualifications
- Regular members shall be undergraduates (majors) in biological sciences, shall have completed at least three semesters of a four-year curriculum with at least three term courses in biological sciences with an average grade of B in those courses, and must be of good academic standing.
- Only regular members can hold office, vote on chapter membership nominations and national questions, and represent the chapter or vote at national conventions.
- Graduate members shall be graduate students currently enrolled in a life science program. They may participate in the local activities of their chapter, but may not hold office or vote. They may attend district and national conventions, but they shall not be eligible for undergraduate awards.
- Associate members shall be those undergraduates whose interests include the life sciences, but who are ineligible for regular membership. Associate members shall be eligible to participate in all local, districts, and national activities except those specifically reserved to regular members by this constitution.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part 1 Section A, Items 3. and 4.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students of Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity. In addition there is a membership requirement of a minimum of eight members per organization.