AMSA Premedical Club
Our club provides the necessary information for premed students who are interested in successfully preparing for medical school.
Purpose and Goals
- Facilitate medical community exposure and promote medically oriented experiences for its members
- Provide support and guidance for the application processes to allopathic and osteopathic schools of medicine
- Provide course counseling and guidance for MCAT preparation
- Provide social-academic activities and support for all club members
- Provide an environment that supports the creative ideas of all club members
- Increase knowledge of health information among members and the general public
- Periodically reevaluate the above purposes and ensure that they are carried out in a proper fashion
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Eligibility
Students enrolled at Purdue Fort Wayne who are either current affiliate members of AMSA or in the process of applying to AMSA, and have paid current chapter dues, shall be considered active members of AMSA Purdue Fort Wayne Premedical Chapter. Members of the above named organization shall be accepted without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, national origin, disability, sex, sexual preference, age, creed, marital status, parental, or veteran status. Furthermore, it is understood that members of the above organization will not, at any time, engage in hazing.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Active voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least one 1 credit hour at Purdue Fort Wayne, and who have paid club dues; each voting member must maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Inactive, nonvoting membership shall be open to interested individuals; however, these individuals may not hold office; inactive members shall not compose more than 25 percent of the total membership.
Section III: Dues
The AMSA national dues are currently set at $20 annually. The AMSA officers of Purdue Fort Wayne shall determine the dues for membership to the AMSA Purdue Fort Wayne Premedical chapter. Local chapter dues shall be $5 per academic year and are subject to change by the executive committee. Dues will be collected during the second meeting of the fall semester. Dues may be paid at a later date; however, active voting membership will not be granted to any member until such time that their dues are received.
Stephen Bloom, President Stephen Bloom, President
President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Bojrab, Vice President Natalie Bojrab, Vice President
Vice President Email email@example.com
Jared Grabau, Secretary Jared Grabau, Secretary
Secretary Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Zachary Kaiser, Treasurer Zachary Kaiser, Treasurer
Treasurer Email email@example.com