Communication is key.
Communication makes the world go round. Think about it. From writing an A+ paper to texting friends—it all requires communication. So why not become a pro?
Film and Media Studies Minor
Who doesn’t love movies? If you want to develop your film and media literacy, this is the perfect minor for you. You’ll develop a critical understanding of historical, theoretical, aesthetic, cultural, and institutional contexts of film, television, and other electronic and digital mass media.
- Develop your problem-solving skills
- Learn how to research and analyze information
- Enhance your education
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcome
Upon completion of this minor, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcome:
- Develop a critical understanding of the historical, theoretical, aesthetic, cultural, and institutional contexts of film, television, and other electronic and digital mass media
- Communication and Diversity Trainer
- Communications Director
- Elected Official
- Film Producer
- Human Resources Professional
- Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Professional
- Social Media Manager