English and Linguistics Programs
Harness the power of words.
Whether you’re reading them, writing them, studying them, analyzing them, or saying them, you cannot escape words. So why not embrace them?
Dip your toes into the fountain of literature by pursuing an English minor. You’ll get to sample classes from American and British literature, including poetry, Native American literature, Shakespeare, Old English, Milton, detective and mystery literature, and romantic literature. Basically, if you love literature, you’ll love this minor.
- The development of problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- The ability to research and analyze information
- An enhanced understanding of the art of persuasion
- An opportunity to express yourself creatively
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue education
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this minor, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Display the ability to write critically, precisely, and persuasively
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate knowledge of literary, linguistics, and rhetorical conventions and traditions, especially those of America and England
- Apply the appropriate research tools and methods to demonstrate critical understanding of their minor
- Content Strategist
- Forensic Linguist
- Literary Critic
- Public Relations Specialist
- Technical Writer