Criminal Justice and Public Administration Programs
It takes passionate leaders and empathetic civil servants to enact change that matters.
Public service is a rewarding and inspiring career path. Gain the knowledge, skills, and leadership experience necessary for success in the criminal justice and public administration fields.
B.S. in Criminal Justice
A prestigious Purdue degree is your key to opening the door to your future. With knowledge of the law, legal system, and corrections approaches, the skills you’ll learn at Purdue Fort Wayne will allow you to build the career you want in a community you care about.
- An immersive learning experience
- Career skills for the dynamic field of criminal justice
- Support from the entire Mastodon community
- Flexible, enriching internships
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Describe the theories that explain observed patterns in the criminal justice system
- Apply research and analytical skills used in policing, courts, and corrections
- Demonstrate effective written, oral, and multimedia communication skills for diverse settings
- Evaluate current practices in policing, courts, and corrections
- CIA or FBI Agent
- Correctional Officer
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Cybersecurity Expert
- Federal or State Law Enforcement Officer
- Forensic Analyst
- Police Supervisor
- Police Training Instructor
- Private Loss Prevention Manager
- Probation Officer
- Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Member
- Undercover Operative