Upsilon Pi Epsilon
Get involved with Upsilon Pi Epsilon, the computer and information science honor society on campus.
Purpose and Goals
- Promote high scholarship and original investigation in the field of computer and information science
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualification
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include a limited number of nonstudents.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
- The membership of the chapter shall be made up of individuals whose academic achievements, reputation, and creative abilities deserve recognition, and whose membership would enhance the stature of the association.
- Specifically, the membership shall include graduate and undergraduate students, former students, and faculty in Purdue Fort Wayne, elected according to the procedures detailed in Article IV Section IV of this constitution.
- Honorary members shall be individuals of distinguished achievement in the field of computer and information science.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- The active membership of this chapter of the association shall consist of those members who satisfy the fiscal and attendance requirements set forth in the bylaws. The privilege of voting in membership elections and participation in other official functions of the chapter shall be restricted to active members.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- The initiation fee charged each new member by the chapter shall be $15, in addition to that of the association.
- Annual dues payable to the chapter shall be $10, in addition to the dues of the association.
- Each initiate shall be required to pay all dues and initiation fees prior to initiation.