Sociology Student Association
Explore sociology and get support from your fellow sociology students in the Sociology Student Association.
Purpose and Goals
- Encourage all students to meet their career goals and objectives
- Provide support for all students in their scholarly endeavors
- Ensure active student participation in all governance decisions that affect the academic environment of the sociology department
- Provide a forum for the representation of innovative ideas to the benefit of faculty, staff and sociology graduate students
- Cooperate with other departments, colleges, universities, and/or national organizations to facilitate the obtainment of members' common goals and objectives
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership is open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include a limited number of nonstudents.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Membership is open to all students currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Nonstudent memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, or community members.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- There are no membership dues to obtain membership.
Bradley Bake, President Bradley Bake, President
President Email [email protected]
Maria Serrano-Martinez, Treasurer Maria Serrano-Martinez, Treasurer
Treasurer Email [email protected]