Purpose and Goals
- Encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology
- Advance the science of psychology.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
Membership in this organization shall be to currently enrolled Purdue Fort Wayne students who:
- Complete at least three semesters of full-time college coursework.
- Complete 9 semester hours of psychology.
- Register for major or minor standing in psychology.
- If an undergraduate, must have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.3 in general scholarship and also must demonstrate superior scholarship in psychology, earning a minimum GPA in psychology of 3.00.
- Exhibit high standards of personal behavior.
- Elect in by having two-thirds affirmative vote of those present at a regular meeting.
- The minimum membership requirement is 8 members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students of Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization/university in an official capacity.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least one credit hour at Purdue Fort Wayne. Each voting member must maintain at least a 2.00 semester and cumulative GPA at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Nonvoting memberships shall be open to faculty, staff, alumni, or community members who met the current membership criteria when they were students; however, they may not hold office. Nonvoting members shall not compose more than twenty-five percent (25%) of the total membership.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- Each person inducted as an active member shall pay to the national treasury an induction fee of fifty-five dollars ($55.00). This fee shall entitle the inductee to life membership without payment of further dues or assessments.
Abigail Bartels, President Abigail Bartels, President
President Email email@example.com
Catalina Todd, Vice President Catalina Todd, Vice President
Vice President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Catalina Todd, Secretary Catalina Todd, Secretary
Secretary Email email@example.com
Cindy Nguyen, Treasurer Cindy Nguyen, Treasurer
Treasurer Email firstname.lastname@example.org