Purpose and Goals
The purposes and objectives of this organization are to:
- Provide information and resources for our members as they apply for Dental schools.
- Aid in the application process and provide education about the Dental field professions.
- Inform and provide mediation resources as our members prepare for the Dental Aptitude Test (DAT) examination.
- Encourage not only graduate programs but also information on continuing education in Hygiene, Laboratory Technology, and Assistant programs.
- Provide volunteering experience each semester with our members and other PFW clubs in the community e.g. reducing food insecurity in our community by participating/leading activities at food banks in our region
- Develop opportunities to collaborate with other Student Life clubs in- and outside the Department of Biological Sciences on- and off campus.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I. Qualification:
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include an unlimited number of students from another school.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization/university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is 8 members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II. Types of Membership:
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at Purdue Fort Wayne, hold at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA and pay a club due of $5.00.
- Nonstudent memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, or community members.
Section III. Financial Obligation:
- Voting membership in this organization will require a financial obligation for the members. There will be a membership due of $5.00 for the entire academic year.