Also known as: National Student Speech Language Hearing Association
Explore topics in speech pathology, audiology, and communication disorders with students in the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association chapter of Purdue Fort Wayne (Formerly known as the Speech and Hearing Club).
Purpose and Goals
- Create and stimulate an interest among college students in speech pathology, audiology, and education of the acoustically handicapped
- Encourage professional growth by providing learning experiences not offered in the formal course structure
- Foster a spirit of unity coordinating the interests and efforts of persons with a common goal by offering opportunities for social and professional fellowship and providing situations in which students and faculty may work together to advance the profession as a whole
- Educate the community about the role of and need for speech pathology, audiology, and education of the acoustically handicapped
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include a limited number of nonstudents.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership is open to all students currently enrolled in at least one 1 credit hour at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Nonstudent memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, or community members.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- All members of the Purdue Fort Wayne Speech and Hearing Club (NSSLHA
Chapter) shall pay dues to the treasurer at the first business meeting of each
semester. Dues will be set by a majority vote by the officers at the beginning
of each school year
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Lindsey Hunt, President Lindsey Hunt, President
President Email [email protected]
Bella Reitano, Vice President Bella Reitano, Vice President
Vice President Email [email protected]
Kendra Fackler, Secretary Kendra Fackler, Secretary
Secretary Email [email protected]
Alissa Hubbart, Treasurer Alissa Hubbart, Treasurer
Treasurer Email [email protected]