Lutheran Church Missouri Synod University
You can practice your religion on campus with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod University, where tolerance and worship are at its center. Here, you are able to connect with others and reach out to help your neighbors.
Purpose and Goals
- Grow together in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
- Advance a distinctly Lutheran conception of the Christian faith as vouchsafed in the canonical books of the Old and New Testaments as well as the Book of Concord, particularly in regards to the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith apart from works of the law (Eph 2:8-9)
- Reach out to our neighbors, both Christian and non-Christian alike, through good deeds, acts of charity, open dialogue, and a hand of fellowship
- Never to do harm to anyone, but rather to build up in every way, to comfort, to strengthen, to help and to heal, to forgive, and to love through Christ who first loved us
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Nonvoting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non–Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
- All member who wish to join shall be added to membership by vote (see Article VI Section II for further stipulations).