Join the Japanese Club to explore Japanese culture and people. We support this through events such as Karaoke, Origami, and food/music day.
Purpose and Goals
- Promote a cultural understanding of Japan and its people
- Promote a sense of community between the students, alumni, and staff of Purdue Fort Wayne and the local Japanese community, including (but not limited to) local businesses and exchange students
- Educate the Purdue Fort Wayne community about the rich cultural history of folklore, history, and fine arts of Japan, as well as finding cultural context for current events
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open only to students currently enrolled in at least 1 credit hour at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Only those members current with dues (Section III, 1.) shall be constituted as voting members.
- Nonvoting membership may be held by nondues-paying students, nonenrolled students, faculty, staff, alumni, non–Purdue Fort Wayne students, and community members.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- Voluntary dues shall be assessed each academic year in order provide annual start-up costs for the sponsorship of events.
- Dues shall be assessed in accordance with the bylaws of the organization.
- Only dues-paying members may sign out special materials purchased for the use of the organization, as per the bylaws.