Discover the Hispanos Unidos student organization, a multicultural club dedicated to exploring Hispanic culture, issues, and more.
Purpose and Goals
- Provide a support group and social activities for Hispanic/Latino students and the Purdue Fort Wayne community who are interested in the Hispanic/Latino culture
- Promote awareness of the many positive aspects of Hispanic/Latino cultures to Purdue Fort Wayne and the Fort Wayne community
- Provide a campus forum for the discussion of Hispanic/Latino topics
- Be a strong part of a network of local and regional groups active in addressing Hispanic/Latino topics, and promote an awareness of an appreciation for Hispanic/Latino cultures
- Provide opportunities for members to practice and maintain the Spanish language relative to individual needs (i.e. Hispanics/Latinos, teachers of Spanish, and students of the Spanish language and culture who have the opportunity to use and improve the language)
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in this organization is open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include a limited number of nonstudents, not to exceed 49 percent of the total membership.
- Only those members who are currently enrolled students may vote, hold office, and represent the organization and university in an official capacity.
- There is a membership requirement
ofa minimum of eight members per organization.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least one 3 credit hours at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Nonstudent memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, or community members; these members may not hold office, do not have voting privileges, and may not represent the organization or the university in an official capacity.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- Dues are $10 per year for regular member students.
- Dues are $20 per year for associate members.
Isabella Haraguchi, President Isabella Haraguchi, President
President Email email@example.com
Wilson Mendez, Vice President Wilson Mendez, Vice President
Vice President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Brito, Secretary Jonathan Brito, Secretary
Secretary Email email@example.com
Victor Vasquez, Treasurer Victor Vasquez, Treasurer
Treasurer Email firstname.lastname@example.org