Every Campus A Refuge
Purpose and Goals
The purposes and objectives of this organization are:
- To advocate for housing for refugee families in the Fort Wayne area.
- Help support existing refugee resettlement agencies in Fort Wayne with currently existing University resources.
- Advocate that the university provide resources for refugee families through appeal to administration and student body.
- Assist in the resettling of at least one refugee family per academic year utilizing student organization and University resources.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I. Qualification:
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization/university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II. Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 1 credit hour(s) at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Non-voting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non-Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Section III. Financial Obligation
- No dues or fees established.