Get involved with the Democratic Party through College Democrats. We encourage and support democratic candidates through voter registration, volunteering, and regular meetings. Learn more about how to get involved.
Purpose and Goals
- Promote the philosophy and candidates of the Democratic Party, both locally and nationally
- Actively encourage and support democratic candidates, while increasing the participation of university students in democratic affairs by promoting a progressive, democratic political education for our members and the public
- Members should be better able to:
- Inform others of democratic philosophy
- Assist in the election of party candidates
- Effect political change on the local, state, and national levels
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Membership Eligibility
- Membership is open to anyone who identifies with the vision of the Democratic Party, pays any annual dues (voted on by the majority of membership from the prior academic year), is a current Purdue Fort Wayne student, and is in good academic standing (2.0 cumulative GPA).
- Once all applicable dues are paid and good standing is obtained, a student shall be considered a member of the organization.
Section II: Statement of Nondiscrimination
- College Democrats at Purdue Fort Wayne allows any interested student to participate in, become a member of, and seek leadership positions in the organization without regard to arbitrary consideration of such characteristics as race, color, nationality, ethnicity, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part 1 Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section III: Dues
- Dues are payable throughout the academic year and shall be reassessed on the first day of the academic year; the academic year shall be the first academic school day in August through August of the following year.
- Dues are $10 or working two events sponsored by College Democrats.
- The dues may be increased or decreased by a simple majority vote of the membership.