Chi Eta Sigma
Chi Eta Sigma can help you achieve academic excellence in counseling. We host fun events such as Bonfire, festivals, fundraisers, and more. Learn how to get involved.
Purpose and Goals
- Honor the pursuit of academic and clinical excellence in the counseling profession
- Promote counseling scholarship, professionalism, leadership, and advocacy among members
- Provide counseling students and alumni with social and community engagement opportunities
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in Chi Eta Sigma is open to all Purdue Fort Wayne graduate-level counseling students and may include a limited number of alumni and community members.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
- The following shall be deemed eligible for membership in Chi Sigma Eta: a) completion of at least one full semester in the counseling graduate program, and b) maintenance of an overall scholastic GPA of 3.2 or better (on a 4.0 scale), or the equivalent, while enrolled in the graduate counseling program at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- If a 3.2 grade point of average is not maintained the member has one semester to raise his/her grade point average. Refer to the Expulsion section if the member fails to raise their GPA to a 3.2 or better after the conclusion of the semester. Re-enrollment for the following year is allowed if GPA is of 3.2 or better is met.
- Alumni: The following shall be deemed eligible for alumni membership in the Society: a) those individuals initiated into Chi Eta Sigma while they were students, and b) those individuals initiated into membership after graduation because membership in Chi Eta Sigma was not available while they were students in the counselor education program.
Anna Riggins, President Anna Riggins, President
President Email email@example.com
Aela Bosk, Vice President Aela Bosk, Vice President
Vice President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
TyShawna Herron, Secretary TyShawna Herron, Secretary
Secretary Email email@example.com
Evan Linehan, Treasurer Evan Linehan, Treasurer
Treasurer Email firstname.lastname@example.org