Explore chemistry with other students in the Chemistry Club.
Purpose and Goals
- Provide an opportunity for students interested in chemistry and chemical engineering at this campus to become better acquainted
- Stimulate the intellectual curiosity that arises from professional association
- Obtain experience in preparing and presenting technical material before chemically oriented audiences
- Foster a professional spirit among the members
- Instill a professional pride in chemistry and chemical engineering
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in this organization is open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students.
- There is a membership requirement
a minimum of eight members. of
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- An affiliate member of this chapter of the American Chemical Society must be an undergraduate working toward a B.S.C. or a B.S. with a major in
chemistry,and must be a student member of the national American Chemical Society; an affiliate member may hold any office in this chapter.
- An associate member of this chapter of the American Chemical Society must be a nonchemistry major and must be a student member of the national American Chemical Society; an associate member may hold any office other than president and vice president.
- An auxiliary member of this chapter of the American Chemical Society must be interested in chemistry; the student is not required to join the national American Chemical Society; an auxiliary member may hold no office in this chapter.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- All members must submit dues to the treasurer of this chapter by the October meeting; the local dues shall be decided at the annual April elections in the year prior to membership; currently the dues are $5 per member.