Bangladesh Student Association
Learn about Bangladeshi and Bengali culture with the Bangladesh Student Association at Purdue Fort Wayne.
Purpose and Goals
- Cultivate a spirit of unity and friendship among the international/local students
- Help members in all aspects as international students
- Provide support for the Bangladeshi students at Purdue Fort Wayne
- Act as a local representative of students from Bangladesh at Fort Wayne
- Foster and promote Bangladeshi and Bengali heritage and culture
- Promote academic, social, and cultural interaction between Bangladeshi students and other members of the community, both on local and international levels
- Form unity among members through fun, cultural and social events and celebrate our diversity with everybody in the community as well as on campus
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualification
- Membership in this organization is open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include a limited number of nonstudents
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership is open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students enrolled at least 1 credit hour.
- Nonstudent memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, or community members. These members may not vote, may not hold office, and may not represent the organization/university in an official capacity.
- Honorary Membership: The executive committee has the authority to bestow nonvoting honorary membership, which may also be revoked by the decision of the said committee, on any person(s) of its choice.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- The executive committee shall decide, prior to each fall semester, whether, and at what amount, dues shall be assessed for the membership.
- Dues are not to exceed $10 per year or $5 per semester.
- All members shall pay organization dues by second week of each semester. Then, they may attend all meetings and social functions of the organization and may vote and hold office when permitted (unless specified).
- Upon payment of dues, when required, a person will be placed on the members list. Nonpayment of dues will result in removal of name from members list.