Anthropology Club is an organization on the Purdue Fort Wayne campus that holds a variety of activities intended to stimulate and encourage interest and involvement of the student body and local community in anthropology.
Purpose and Goals
- The club will stimulate and encourage interest and involvement of the student body in anthropology.
- The club will promote community-wide interest in anthropology.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Active membership shall be open to enrolled Purdue Fort Wayne students and shall comprise a minimum of 51 percent of the total membership, and total membership shall be no fewer than eight persons.
- Adjunct membership shall be open to any individual who is not enrolled as
an PurdueFort Wayne student and is interested in participationin the Anthropology Club; this includes, but is not limited to, Purdue Fort Wayne faculty and staff.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Students Rights, Responsibilities, and conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- An active member who accumulates three unexcused absences in one semester shall be considered a nonactive member; when a member has been determined to be nonactive, it shall be announced to the club at the following meeting; an excused absence shall be defined as one directly related to personal or family illness and academic or family commitments.
- Adjunct and nonactive members shall not have an attendance requirement.
- Attendance of all members shall be taken at the beginning of every meeting; at that time it will be determined if a quorum is present. (See Section IV, Article III.)
Section III: Financial Obligation
- Dues of $2 shall be collected at the second meeting of each semester.
- Once an individual pays his or her dues, they shall be considered a member, as per Article III, Section 1.
- If a member joins on or after the second meeting of that semester, they shall be required to pay their dues at the subsequent meeting.
- Those individuals who do not pay dues are not considered members.
- The presence of a quorum is necessary for voting on club business; a quorum is defined as at least 25 percent of the club's active membership.
- The ability to vote on club business shall be limited to active members.
- If a quorum is not present, the club business shall be tabled until the club meeting with a quorum present; this is relevant to club business requiring an active membership vote; all other matters may be conducted without a quorum present.
Forrest Rommel, President Forrest Rommel, President
President Email [email protected]
Rob Stone, Vice President Rob Stone, Vice President
Vice President Email [email protected]
Amber Smith, Secretary Amber Smith, Secretary
Secretary Email [email protected]
Brenna Shuherk, Treasurer Brenna Shuherk, Treasurer
Treasurer Email [email protected]