Also known as: ActiveMinds
Purpose and Goals
The purposes and objectives of this organization are:
- To increase awareness among Purdue Fort Wayne students about issues of mental health, symptoms of mental illness, and available resources in and around the Purdue Fort Wayne community.
- To become a point of reference for Purdue Fort Wayne students for information on Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Eating Disorders, PTSD, Autism, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. As well as cultural, identity, and other diverse mental-health-based needs.
- To become a liaison between Purdue Fort Wayne students and the mental health community through flyering campus with fact sheets, hosting and/or sponsoring charity fundraisers, guest speakers, and related events, and maintaining a comprehensive website.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I. Qualification:
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization/university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II. Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 1 credit hour at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Non‑voting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non-Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Section III. Financial Obligation
- There shall be no financial obligation for members.