Support and resources
Reach your dreams with the support of the Herd behind you.
Everyone needs a little help every now and then, and we’re here to offer you that whenever you need it. Take a look at the following support and resources available to you, and never hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything.
Know the numbers.
From tuition and fees to how to offset costs to getting to apply for free, check out all of these topics related to costs specially for graduate students.
One of the great opportunities of graduate school is to serve as a graduate assistant. At Purdue Fort Wayne, you can help in the areas of teaching, research, or administration. This support role will allow you to work closely with faculty to conduct research, present findings at conferences, or teach courses, all while completing your education and being compensated.
The availability and responsibilities of assistantships vary from program to program. Contact your school, division, or department to get more information. Also, these positions are very competitive, so inquire early.
Watch Handshake and your specific department for postings.
As a graduate student, you can use a travel grant if you are involved in a faculty-mentored research project and have a paper or creative project accepted for presentation at a professional conference or event.
- The conference acceptance letter or email
- Conference materials
- A copy of your research paper abstract
- A detailed budget
- An email or a memo from your department
- An email or a memo from your dean
Please apply for department and college support before applying for a graduate studies travel grant award.
Please make sure that we receive your information no later than 30 days prior to the date of departure.
To learn more, contact us at [email protected] or 260-481-6145.
Want to know how to apply to a graduate program for free? If you attended an approved information session or recruitment event, you may qualify to submit a graduate application free of charge. Please remember that you must sign in with a staff member during the event to be eligible. Additionally, to receive the free application, you must attend an approved session or event that relates to the Purdue Fort Wayne program you are applying to.
Here are the steps to get started:
- Start your application. Be sure to select the Purdue Fort Wayne campus and your desired program.
- On the “Additional Information” section, find this direction: “Have you participated in a Purdue Fort Wayne information session or recruitment event?” Select “Yes.” Upon this selection, staff at Purdue Fort Wayne will be notified of your request.
- Please do not pay the application fee until you are contacted by the Office of Graduate Studies at Purdue Fort Wayne. Application fees are nonrefundable.
- Within five business days, you will receive an email from Purdue Fort Wayne Graduate Studies indicating whether you’ve met the requirements to apply for free.
- If approved, your application will be updated to reflect that payment has been received.
You are eligible for one free application. You have 365 days from the date of the qualifying event you attended to submit your free application.
Note: if you have already submitted your application and the status is “Awaiting Payment,” you will need to contact us at [email protected] to request the free application. Please indicate the event you attended in the email.
For more information, contact us at [email protected] or 260-481-6145.
Contact the Office of Graduate Studies at [email protected] or 260-481-6145 for help with your application, with a class, or to get assistance with your thesis.
Purdue University Fort Wayne
Office of Graduate Studies
Kettler Hall, Room 140
2101 East Coliseum Boulevard
Fort Wayne, IN 46805