Find Where You Belong
The math placement test can be taken and completed online by logging into Brightspace and then clicking on the tab “PFW No End Date Non-Credit.”
You should allow at least one hour for the math placement test. Calculators, TI84CE or below, are allowed, and you will need a pencil and scratch paper.
The math placement test may be retaken once. On a retest, the scores will either be the same, higher, or lower. The highest score will be used.
If you are a transfer or nondegree student and have taken English composition and/or math courses at another college or university, check with your Purdue Fort Wayne academic advising department about placement requirements. Information about your academic advising department is available through your goPFW account.
Please keep in mind these important policies and things to consider before taking any placement test in the Testing Services Department:
- A photo ID is required in order to take all placement tests.
- Cell phones are not allowed at the testing stations (please make the appropriate arrangements for storing your cell phone).
- Placement testing times can be subject to change based on availability and/or test length.
- You should arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment; if you arrive late you will be asked to reschedule.
- Testing-room temperatures may vary; it’s advisable to bring a sweater or jacket.
- Children are not allowed in the testing facilities; please make childcare arrangements before your exam.
- If you require test accommodations based on disability, contact the director of testing services at least seven business days before your scheduled test date; disability documentation may be required.
- Testing Services is unable to give placement or entrance exams for students who attend universities other than Purdue University Fort Wayne and Indiana University Fort Wayne.
Note: Testing Services is unable to give placement or entrance exams for students who attend universities other than Purdue University Fort Wayne and Indiana University Fort Wayne.