Bereavement Outreach Initiative
The death of an employee can be challenging for an organization, but it's more challenging for the co-workers and departments with whom they worked. To help departments and employees navigate forward after a loss, our office has developed a Bereavement Outreach Initiative.
The initiative provides bereavement cards and additional resource information to help departments and employees manage through the loss of a co-worker. Two card styles are available—select your choice by completing a Bereavement Card Request Form. Additional resources include the following:
- Free department counseling sessions through the Bowen Center
- Free counseling sessions for benefited employees and their immediate family members. Sessions can be scheduled through the Bowen Center website or by calling the Bowen Center at 260-471-3500
- Bereavement Leave to attend services. Leave details can be found in the Leave of Absence (VI.E.2) policy.
If the person was an active Purdue Fort Wayne employee, a department administrator can reach out to the areas below and notify them of any needed changes:
- For phone or voicemail changes, please fill out this Telephone Operations request form.
- To return a university purchasing card, send an email to [email protected]
- To return campus keys, send an email to [email protected]
- For payroll adjustments, email [email protected]
- For technology access removal, email [email protected]