Peer Review Support
Whether you are giving or receiving a peer review, CELT can help you develop the skills and knowledge to make it meaningful.
CELT's Peer Review Team develops and offers training to help instructors engage in effective peer review practices. A variety of training options are currently available, including two synchronous Peer Review Workshops and an asynchronous Online Peer Review Training Course. The objectives of these training opportunities are to:
- Clarify the purposes and characteristics of formative versus summative review.
- Explore the qualities of an effective peer review.
- Promote positive outcomes from peer review.
Training for the Peer Reviewer:
These training opportunities are intended for individuals who want to learn how to conduct peer reviews of teaching.
- Live Peer Review Training Workshop:
- In this 2-hour synchronous workshop, the Peer Review Team will model an evidence-based process for peer review, explain best-practices, and provide opportunities for participants to apply what they've learned.
- Online Peer Review Training Course:
- This asynchronous online Peer Review Training is delivered through Brightspace and consists of 4 self-paced modules. The course includes learning activities, video demonstrations, self-assessments, and opportunities to receive feedback from the Peer Review Team. To access this training, submit an enrollment request form.
Training for the Reviewee:
These training opportunities are intended for individuals who want to learn ways to maximize their peer review experiences.
- So You Need a Peer Review... What Now?
- This synchronous training is intended for individuals who are planning to undergo peer reviews of teaching. In this workshop, the Peer Review Team will clarify the different types of peer review, explain what to expect during the peer review process, and share strategies for making the most of your peer review experience. A recording of this session is available on CELT's Recorded Workshops and Webinars page.
- So You've Had a Peer Review... What Now?
- This synchronous workshop is intended for individuals who've had a peer review and want to maximize their use of the reviewer feedback. The Peer Review Team will guide faculty on using feedback to enhance teaching practice, demonstrate professional development, and document teaching for review, promotion, or tenure.
Meet the Peer Review Team
Interested in joining our team? Contact Rachel Ramsey or one of our Peer Review Team members.