Summer Instructional Development Grant Winners
- Paresh Mishra, Associate Professor, Organizational Leadership: "Stress Management and Resilience Building: Insights from Ancient Wisdom and Modern Science."
- Jack Li, Assistant Professor, School of Polytechnic: "Enhance Students’ Hands-on Practice through Linking Multiple Courses."
- John Romey, Assistant Professor, Music: "Experiential Learning and Engaging with Faculty Research in the Music History Classroom."
- Atefeh Mohammadpour, Associate Professor, Construction Management: "Using Mobile App Techniques to Enhance Students' Surveying Skills."
- David Liu, Associate Professor, Computer Science: "Design POGIL Activities for Active and Competency-based Learning and Teaching of Computer Science Core Course Computer Networks."
- Daniel Yorgov, Assistant Professor, Mathematics: "Enhancing Learning for Diverse Student Audience in a New Introduction to Statistical Programming Course"
- Daniel Tembras, Assistant Professor, Music: "Realizing a Grander Potential in Large Classroom Performance Settings"
- Sarah LeBlanc, Assistant Professor, Communication: "Flipping the COM203 Classroom"
- Fawad Niazi, Assistant Professor, Civil & Mech Engr: "Construction of a Multipurpose Apparatus for In Class Demonstration of Response of Saturated and Unsaturated Geomaterials to Static, Impact, Cyclic, and Vibratory Loadings"
- Rebecca Essig, Assistant Professor, Civil & Mech Engr: "Creating a Flexible Textbook for Engineering Fundamentals I"
- Mary Encabo, Continuing Lecturer, Linguistics
- Harold Odden, Associate Professor, Anthropology
- Peng Jing, Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Ann Livschiz, Associate Professor, History
- Shannon Bishcoff, Assistant Director of Research, English & Linguistics
- Peter Bella, Professor, VCD
- Jeffrey Casazza, Associate Professor, Theatre
- Jeffrey Nowak, Professor, Education
- Damian Fleming, Associate Professor, English & Linguistics: "Living Latin at IPFW" [PDF]
- Lee Roberts, Associate Professor, International Language and Culture Studies (German): "Mastering Monsterwelt: Increasing Motivation & Student Output via Gamified German" [PDF] and GERG112 Syllabus Spring 2017 [PDF]
- Jordan Marshall, Assistant Professor, Biology: "Digitization of the IPFW Herbarium and Use in Field Botany and Dendrology Courses" [PDF]
- Kerrie R. Fineran, Assistant Professor, Department of Professional Studies: "Development of Supplementary Instructional Videos for Counselor Education Clinical Training" [PDF]
- Zhuming Bi, Associate Professor, and Donald Mueller, Associate Professor, Department of Engineering: "Incorporating Product Lifescycle Concept, Rapid Prototyping, and Certification in a Solid Modeling Course" [PDF]
- Pam Reese, Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders: "Speech Pathology Students' Acquisition of Competence in Literacy Instruction" [PDF]
- Tanya Soule, Assistant Professor of Biology: "The Dynamic Microbiology Classroom" [PDF]
- Chao Chen, ENGR: "Using Web-based Tools to Enhance Student Learning and Practice in Data Structures Course" [PDF]
- Vince Maloney, CHEM: "Transformation of the Traditional Organic Chemistry Lecture Sequence into a Hybrid of Face-to-Face Peer Learning and Online Lecture"
- Adam Dircksen, Communication: "Building a Service-Learning Project Option in an Online Course (COM 318: Principles of Persuasion)" [PDF]
- Britton Wolfe, Computer Science: "Anonymous, Real-time, In-class Student Questions and Their Impact on Student Engagement" [PDF]
- Donald Linn, Chemistry, "Video-logging Chemistry CHM 241 to Create a Tool for Formative Creation of Concrete Lab Experiences Linked to Chemistry Concepts in Lecture" [PDF]
- Linda Wark, Human Services, "Websites on At-Risk Populations" [PDF]
- Betsy Berry, Mathematical Sciences, "Integrating Portfolio Assessment with Learning to Enhance Pre-Service Elementary Teachers' Mathematics Content Knowledge for Teaching." [PDF]
- Pam DeKoninck, Nursing, "Electronic Health Records for Nursing Education: Integrating technology into nursing curriculum."
- Beth Kaskel, Nursing, "I am having an impact on the cell: Visually Transforming Clinical Pathophysiology."
- Sally Hartman, Nursing, "Innovative Strategies for Maternity Nursing Education: Enhancing learning with the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and High Fidelity Computerized Patient Simulator (HFCPS)."
- Jeong-il Cho, Education, "Teaching Assistive Technology" [PDF]
- David Liu, Computer Science, "Development of Web-based Simulation and Visualization Tools for Computer Architecture Teaching and Learning"
- Dina Mansour-Cole, OLS "Completing the Self-Management Loop: Developing 'on demand' content modules for OLS 485"