Adopt- A-Don Program
The Adopt-A-Don Holiday Project is a charitable project that assists selected students and their families during the holiday season. We are asking our faculty, staff, campus departments, and/or student organizations to “adopt” our students and their families for the 2023 holiday season. This project will assist with toys, clothing, and household needs. We ask that gifts and items be unopened, bagged, and/or wrapped upon delivery. Gift Cards are accepted. Faculty, staff, campus departments, and/or student organizations can register to adopt a Don starting October 3rd–October 20th via the link below. The maximum amount of $250 is allowed per family. If you have questions, please email [email protected].
- October 3rd–20th: Registration Opens for Adopters to sign up
- October 3rd–20th: Selected students will be contacted to apply
- Week of October 23rd: Committee must meet to vet students to assign Adopters to Dons
- November 20th–December 1st: Gifts and items must be bought and delivered to The Women’s Center by 5pm.
- December 2nd: Gift Distribution during the Students with Families Jingle Jubilee Dinner at 4pm.
Program Requirements for students to apply
- Students MUST be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours with PFW
- Must have or care for dependents ages newborn to 17
- Show a need via their Financial Aid
- Must be in good standing with the university
- Working towards their associates/bachelors degree
- Not facing academic probation
If you would like to nominate a student, please email [email protected].
Note: If your department or Student Organization hosts a wrapping party, or goes shopping, would love for you to send us any pictures of the event.