Who We Are
Through TRIO Upward Bound, you’ll experience college life firsthand—it is our goal to help you realize your college dreams. Our nine-month Academic Year Component provides academic counseling, academic instruction on Saturdays, weekly tutoring, college visits, cultural and social experiences, and post secondary assistance. The six-week Summer Academy adds more classes and college visits, as well as a three-week residential stay on Purdue Fort Wayne’s campus, where you’ll live in our comfortable and convenient on-campus Student Housing and get the true college experience.
Our program, part of TRIO, focuses on student development at Purdue Fort Wayne and fully funded annually by the US Department of Education for $500,000. TRIO programs support higher education for all students, without regard to race, gender, national origin, or disability.
The mission of Purdue Fort Wayne’s TRIO Upward Bound program is to mentor participants toward successful entrance into post secondary education. As a college-preparatory project, we assist students in the development of academic skills and achievement, as well as provide guidance, support, and direction for success beyond high school.
TRIO Upward Bound is committed to excellence through the services we offer, and is dedicated to the community we serve. As such, we strive to:
- offer college enrollment assistance, including support with admissions applications, scholarship searches, and financial aid forms;
- inform students and parents about the college-enrollment process by delivering relevant information through workshops, seminars, and parent meetings;
- track and monitor student academic goals by providing and encouraging regular and intensive academic counseling;
- impact standardized test scores and overall student grade-point averages by offering supplemental academic instruction and tutoring in the core subjects of mathematics, science, foreign languages, and language arts;
- encourage students to think globally through exposure to new academic, social, and cultural learning experiences; and
- instill a positive attitude and appreciation toward personal growth and lifelong learning through endorsing higher-education aspirations.
Meet Our Staff
Our team is dedicated to helping you realize your educational potential.