For most recent information please visit:
CHE: National Guard Tuition Supplement Grant (in.gov)
National Guard Supplemental Grant (NGSG)
Child of a Veteran or Public Safety Office (CVO)
CVO Grants are given to children of a disabled Indiana veteran or public saftey officer killed or permanently disabled in the line of duty.
- Students must file a FAFSA every year
- Students must be an Indiana Resident
- Students must be enrolled in at least 1 credit hour
- If a student is selected for verification, or have any other outstanding packaging requirements, the student must complete these before CVO will be awarded.
- For students using CVO for the first time, they must complete a Application for Remission of Fees for a Child of a Disabled Indiana Veteran form. We will automatically set up CVO each year afterwards as long as the student is continuously enrolled.
How much is a CVO Grant?
The CVO Grant covers the cost of tuition and mandatory fees for up to 124 credit hours for a student. This grant does not cover distance education fees. The grant does not cover books and supplies. The difference in tuition must be covered by the student or other aid.
Students who have not reached their 124 credit hour limit, may use their award for a second bachelors at the same benefit as the first, or may use it towards a graduate degree. This grant will only pay the undergraduate tuition and mandatory fee rate, but graduate tuition and mandatory fees are higher. The additional cost would need to be covered by the student or other aid.
How to Apply for a CVO Grant?
In order to apply, the student must have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file, along with a Certified Indiana CVO Application form.
CVO Grant for Summer
Students are able to take as many summer classes as they please up to their 124 credit hour limit.
Transfer students can use their CVO benefits at, but must supply a new Indiana CVO Application form that has been certified to the Financial Aid Office. Once, has received all of this information, the student's grant benefits will be posted to their accounts.
Indiana National Guard Supplement Grant
The SSACI Indiana National Guard Supplemental Grant pays for up to 100% of certain tuition costs for eligible members of the Indiana Air and Army National Guard.
To be eligible, students must be certified by both SSACI and the Indiana National Gaurd.
This grant can only be used for fall and spring semesters and cannot be used for summer semesters.
Students must file a FAFSA every year by the March 10th deadline.
- Students must be certified by the Indiana National Guard.
- Certification must be done for each semester of enrollment.
- Students must be in active drilling status.
- Students cannot have been AWOL at any time during the 12 months prior to enrollment in college.
- Students must complete all the required Indiana National Guard paperwork and have all paperwork approved by the Indiana National Guard.
- The student's name and other pertinent data as required by SSACI must be on an official list submitted to SSACI by the appropriate Air or Army education offices of the Indiana National Guard.
The Indiana National Guard reserves the right, in cooperation with SSACI, to revoke the grant at any time.
State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana
Phone: (317) 232-2350
Email: [email protected]
National Guard Extension Scholarship
This is a limited scholarship that is available to former Guard members who left the Guard under honorable discharge conditions, used the NGSG in the past, and who served on active duty overseas since Sept. 10, 2001.
Former Guardsmen who believe they might qualify for this program and want additional information should contact:
Indiana Army National Guard Education Services Office, JFHQ-IN-J1-ARP-ES,
Phone: (317) 964-7023