Indiana National Guard Supplemental Grant
For most recent information please visit:
Who receives National Guard Supplemental Grant?
This grant is for eligible State of Indiana members of the Indiana Air and Army National Guard.
- Students must be certified by the Indiana National Guard (ING). (This would start at the unit command level and then proceed to the headquarters or airbase education offices for final approval before
- Certification must be done for each term of enrollment.
- Must be in active drilling status
.(The unit commander is the sole determiner of this status for each term.)
- The student cannot be AWOL at any time during the 12 months prior to their enrollment in college for any academic term.
- Can only be used for fall and spring semester, not summer.
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours.
How much is a National Guard Supplemental Grant?
This grant covers on-campus tuition costs. There is a 30 credit hours maximum for the academic year. At 2016-2017 tuition rates, this would give a person going 12 or 15 credits a semester 12 X 273.75 = 3285 or 15 X 273.75 = 4106 per semester.
How to Apply for a National Guard Supplemental Grant?
Students must have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file by March 10th and have any corrections made by May 15th.
2016-2017 - March 10,
2017-2018 - March 10,
Students can start the process by talking with their unit commander. To be eligible an applicant must be certified by both SSACI and Indiana National Guard.
Specific questions about tuition and financial aid, the student should contact the Financial Aid Office. For specific eligibility questions contact SSACI at: