The Writers' Corner
Purpose and Goals
The purposes and objectives of this organization are:
- To foster writers.
- To promote creativity.
- To allow for a diversification of writing styles.
- To involve people in the history of writing and literature.
- To support people trying to write.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I. Qualification:
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization/university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II. Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 1 credit hour at Purdue Fort Wayne who has been present at least one of the two regular meetings to be considered able to vote.
- Non-voting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non-Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Section III. Membership Dues
- There are no obligatory dues required to become a member.