Students for the Advancement of Ballroom Dance
Type: Special Interest
Enjoy ballroom dancing with other students by joining up with the Students for the Advancement of Ballroom Dance.
Purpose and Goals
- Broaden the availability, enjoyment, and understanding of ballroom dance to the students of Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Create a fun, friendly, and encouraging environment
- Provide ballroom dancing opportunities for members to attend such as:
- Organizing lessons and open-dance socials on campus
- Promoting and attending dance events in the Midwest region
- Supporting advancement in the following styles of dance:
- Smooth (waltz, tango, foxtrot, Viennese waltz, night club, etc.)
- Latin (salsa, bachata, cha-cha, rumba, etc.)
- Swing (west coast, east coast, hustle)
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- As a Purdue Fort Wayne organization, 51 percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership sis open to all students currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Nonvoting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non–Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- No fees will be charged for membership.
- Some events may have attendance costs associated at the discretion of the officers.