Students For Life
Students for Life is dedicated to protecting the right to life of the preborn, promoting the inherent dignity of every human being, supporting pregnant and post-abortive women in need, educating classmates and faculty on fetal development, and engaging the student body on the sociocultural issue of abortion.
Purpose and Goals
The purpose and objectives of this organization are to:
- Work to save lives threatened by induced abortion, euthanasia, and the destruction of human embryos for research.
- Have members seek to promote respect for life at Purdue Fort Wayne on a local, state, and national level.
- Educate the community, both on and off-campus, on life issues.
- Help those in need so that all life may have a promising future.
- Work with others who share common goals.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I. Qualification
- Fifty-one (51) percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization/university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight (8) members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II. Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least three (3) credits hours at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Non-voting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non-students, and/or community members.
- Voting members must attend at least one (1) meeting each semester of the academic school year excluding summer semesters.
Section III. Financial Obligations
- No dues are required for membership.