Student Theatre Organization
Get involved with theatrical activities on campus by joining the Student Theatre Organization.
Purpose and Goals
- Help students get or maintain a positive image of theatre
- Promote and support an interaction between the student body and theatre faculty for the purpose of effective communication
- Provide an outlet for the creative and artistic needs of the student body
- Raise funds through various enterprises to support performance projects, scholarships, and other theatrical activities
- Allow more hands-on experiences in the art of theatre through
- Organize group trips to see performances, interact with other actors, directors, and technicians in workshops, and attend related seminars and activities
- Work with local interested community members and high school teachers and students through a variety of performances and workshops
Membership Requirements and Obligations
- Membership is open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students. Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- Each member is required to attend all meetings of the organization in order to remain a member.
- Meetings are mandatory for all members except in cases of emergency or with the prior approval of the president or vice-president. After one unexcused absence the member will be notified of departmental probation and will lose membership privileges until the end of the semester.
- No dues are collected to become or remain a member.
- There is a membership requirement of a minimum of eight members to maintain student organization recognition.
Kimberlee Gearhart, President Kimberlee Gearhart, President
President Email email@example.com
Sarah Hobson, Vice President Sarah Hobson, Vice President
Vice President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Renae Rogers, Secretary Renae Rogers, Secretary
Secretary Email Rogerk01@pfw.edu
Evan Snaufer, Treasurer Evan Snaufer, Treasurer
Treasurer Email email@example.com