Student American Dental Hygienists’ Association
Students in the dental hygiene program at the university may join the Student American Dental Hygienists' Association. Members will grow in their professional responsibilities as they develop social skills and build relationships with the community.
Purpose and Goals
The purpose and objectives of this organization include:
- To promote professional growth and responsibility among dental hygiene students.
- To develop socially sensitive dental hygiene students.
- To promote the dental hygiene profession to others in the community.
- To participate in fundraising opportunities for the purchase of dental products for donations to dental clinics who serve the area’s indigent and uninsured population of Northeast Indiana.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
- The membership of this organization shall consist of an unlimited number of dental hygiene students who are attending the dental hygiene program, which is accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation, recognized by the Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation or the U.S. Department of Education. The non-student membership cannot exceed one-half (½) the total members.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled IUFW dental hygiene students and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is 8 members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment.
McKayla Thompson, President McKayla Thompson, President
President Email [email protected]
Alma Gonzalez, Vice President Alma Gonzalez, Vice President
Vice President Email [email protected]
MacKenzie Miller, Secretary MacKenzie Miller, Secretary
Secretary Email [email protected]
Payton Warfield, Treasurer Payton Warfield, Treasurer
Treasurer Email [email protected]