Type: Special Interest
Purpose and Goals
- Create a culture of creators
- Bring together industrious personalities to build off each other's strengths
- Promote the development of ideas into plans, and plans into action
- Encourage tinkering and the ability to fix things on your own
- Allow an outlet for skilled artisans to teach their craft to their peers
- Allow an outlet for beginners to learn new skills in a fully supportive environment
- Actively encourage women and foreign students for membership, office, organizational feedback, and new activity development
- Encourage true diversity of thought, so that perspectives may be constantly refreshed and horizons broadened to prevent group think
- Encourage entrepreneurship and the confidence derived from self-sufficiency
- To understand that "work" can be fun simultaneously
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Must be a member of the club for at least one semester to vote
- Nonvoting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non–Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- $25 per semester membership fee, due at second meeting of spring semester. First semester is free.