Sigma Alpha Iota
Take part in the music fraternity of Sigma Alpha Iota to promote musical activities and knowledge.
Purpose and Goals
- Encourage musical and scholastic excellence
- Increase public awareness of music
- Provide community and departmental service
- Fulfill objectives of the national organization of Sigma Alpha Iota
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in this organization is open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include a limited number of nonstudents.
- The prospective member must have earned a total of 6 credit hours or more in music courses.
- Prospective members must have attained at least a 2.5 GPA (cumulative) the semester prior to pledging.
- Active members must maintain a cumulative GPA of no lower than 2.5 each semester.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Only members in good standing can participate in active voting.
- Members in good standing are identified as those who have paid all national and chapter dues and/or fines, and have meet all attendance requirements.
- Exceptions to this policy will be determined by the executive board.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- Individual chapter dues are to be paid annually at the rate of $60.
- Payment is due no later than October 1 of the academic year; exceptions are made by the executive board. Chapter members who have not met the financial obligations by the deadline may attend meetings, but may not vote.
- A fine of $5 per month will be assessed for delinquent payment.
- A fine of $3 will be assessed for an unexcused absence from a chapter meeting or event.