Also known as: Student Athlete Leadership Team (SALT)
Get involved on campus with student-athlete leadership programs and activities.
Purpose and Goals
- To streamline and promote efficient communication between the administration and the student-athletes to better serve their needs
- To provide the student-athlete population with an opportunity to more effectively communicate with the administration and offer suggestions on programs designed to serve those needs
- To encourage more involvement of the student-athlete population in campus events and community projects
- To design and provide programs that will encourage academic achievement, mentally and physically healthy choices, and general awareness
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Eligibility
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all Purdue Fort Wayne Student-Athletes, with recommendation from a head coach of a recognized NCAA Division I athletic program at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- One hundred percent of the total voting membership must be currently enrolled student-athletes at Purdue Fort Wayne, academically eligible to participate in their given sport; only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members and will include at least one member per Purdue Fort Wayne NCAA Division I athletic team.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
- Members must be familiar with the constitution of SALT (Student-Athlete Leadership Team)
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all student-athletes in SALT currently eligible to compete in their respective sport.
- Voting members must maintain the specified GPA (determined by the Purdue Fort Wayne Advisor) to remain eligible for competition in their sport in order to maintain membership in SALT.
- Voting members will serve as a liaison between the board and their team(s).
- Nonstudent memberships held by the Purdue Fort Wayne compliance coordinators, student-athlete academic advisors, and any faculty athletic representatives will serve as advisors to SALT and will have no voting power.
Section III: Methods of Selecting Members
- Membership shall be offered to those student-athletes with recommendation from a head coach of a recognized NCAA Division I athletic program at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Membership will be for one year.
- Each team will have up to two members, (preferably) not of the same academic standing.
Section IV: Financial Obligation
- Membership will not require any type of financial obligation; however, a yearly donation will be requested of all SALT members and Purdue Fort Wayne student-athletes. The suggested donation amount (to be determined by SALT), if met, will entitle Purdue Fort Wayne student-athletes to attend and participate in designated SALT activities free of charge.
Wilmer Hernandez, President Wilmer Hernandez, President
President Email [email protected]
Brooke Wintlend, Vice President Brooke Wintlend, Vice President
Vice President Email [email protected]
Brooke Lickey, Secretary Brooke Lickey, Secretary
Secretary Email [email protected]
Jadden Ousley, Treasurer Jadden Ousley, Treasurer
Treasurer Email [email protected]