Phi Eta Sigma
Get recognized for excellence in your freshman year at Purdue University Fort Wayne in the Phi Eta Sigma honor society.
Purpose and Goals
The purpose of this organization is to honor students who have achieved excellence as a first-year student at Purdue Fort Wayne.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or the university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Membership shall be open to all full-time Purdue Fort Wayne students who meet the following criteria:
- Are in good standing and taking a normal course load leading to a bachelor's degree
- Earn a grade-point average of at least 3.5 during their first semester or a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.5 during their first two semesters
- Nonvoting memberships may be held by faculty and other university personnel upon invitation by the membership.
Section III: Financial Obligation
Prior to admission to membership in Phi Eta Sigma, a candidate for initiation shall pay the national lifetime membership fees of $20 and local dues of $5.