National Society of Leadership and Success
Learn how you can become a more influential leader by participating in the National Society of Leadership and Success at Purdue Fort Wayne.
Purpose and Goals
- Create a support group that will help college students achieve their goals and better their lives
- Build leaders who make a better world.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in the society is open to all who can benefit from the program at a chapter's host institution. General membership requires being a registered student at Purdue Fort Wayne and having a GPA of 2.7 or higher.
Section II: Types of Membership
- A member is defined as any student who has paid their national dues and meets the minimum GPA requirement of 2.7 or higher.
- An inducted member is defined as any student who has paid their national dues and has attended an orientation meeting, at least three speaker events, three success networking team meetings, completed the society's Leadership Training Day event, meets the GPA requirement of 2.7 or higher, and is in good standing with the local chapter and institution.
- A presidential member is a member complying with the above Section 2 who meets the criteria defined for this recognition by achieving a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- An attendee is defined as any person who has attended an orientation meeting or speaker event but has not paid national dues or committed to completing all that is listed in Article IV, Section 2 regarding the achievement of induction into the society.
Section III: National Dues
- National dues shall be paid to the National Society of Leadership and Success in order to be considered a member.
- National dues for the 2012–2013 academic year were a one-time fee of $85 per student.
- Five dollars from each student's paid national dues is credited back to the chapter in an account controlled by the chapter advisor and national officers.
- National dues are subject to change at the discretion of the national office.
- Dues shall be collected from each prospective member by one of the following ways:
- Prospective members may apply and pay directly online via the society website.
- Prospective members may apply and pay by printing out the application form from the society website, completing the form and sending it with a check for $85 made out to "The National Society of Leadership and Success" to the national office at 50 Harrison St., Suite 308, Hoboken, NJ 07030 via postal carrier.
- On successful registration and payment of such dues, participants are considered members until all steps to induction have been completed.