National Society of Leadership and Success
Learn how you can become a more influential leader by participating in the National Society of Leadership and Success at Purdue Fort Wayne.
Purpose and Goals
The National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS) at Purdue University Fort Wayne
The NSLS is the largest leadership honor society in the United States. Our NSLS chapter at Purdue University Fort Wayne was started in 2013. Our local chapter is part of the national organization with 700+ chapters and over 1.4 million members.
Students are selected based on exemplary academic achievement. As of 2021 we have 1,690 members who have access to:
- More than $400,000 in scholarships.
- An exclusive NSLS job board.
- A personalized letter of recommendation.
The NSLS leadership program teaches the interpersonal skills that employers seek to give you an edge in the job market. Hear directly from current members as they share how their experience has changed their life.
If you become a member, some of the other benefits are:
- Learn from exceptional leaders like former President Barack Obama during exclusive Speaker Broadcasts.
- Meet new friends and make lifelong connections (on-campus and virtually).
- Overcome challenges with success coaches shortcutting your way to success.
- Access to private networking events.
Visit the NSLS website to learn more about and accept your nomination.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What do I have to do to become inducted?
Our five-step program takes approximately 12 hours over the course of the semester at your pace.
Is this recognized on campus?
We are a Recognized Student Organization (RSO). As of 2021, we have had 1,690 in our chapter and there are more than 1.4 million members nationwide.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in the society is open to all who can benefit from the program at a chapter's host institution. General membership requires being a registered student at Purdue Fort Wayne and having a GPA of 2.7 or higher.
Section II: Types of Membership
- A member is defined as any student who has paid their national dues and meets the minimum GPA requirement of 2.7 or higher.
- An inducted member is defined as any student who has paid their national dues and has attended an orientation meeting, at least three speaker events, three success networking team meetings, completed the society's Leadership Training Day event, meets the GPA requirement of 2.7 or higher, and is in good standing with the local chapter and institution.
- A presidential member is a member complying with the above Section 2 who meets the criteria defined for this recognition by achieving a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- An attendee is defined as any person who has attended an orientation meeting or speaker event but has not paid national dues or committed to completing all that is listed in Article IV, Section 2 regarding the achievement of induction into the society.
Section III: National Dues
- National dues shall be paid to the National Society of Leadership and Success in order to be considered a member.
- National dues for the 2012–2013 academic year were a one-time fee of $85 per student.
- Five dollars from each student's paid national dues is credited back to the chapter in an account controlled by the chapter advisor and national officers.
- National dues are subject to change at the discretion of the national office.
- Dues shall be collected from each prospective member by one of the following ways:
- Prospective members may apply and pay directly online via the society website.
- Prospective members may apply and pay by printing out the application form from the society website, completing the form and sending it with a check for $85 made out to "The National Society of Leadership and Success" to the national office at 50 Harrison St., Suite 308, Hoboken, NJ 07030 via postal carrier.
- On successful registration and payment of such dues, participants are considered members until all steps to induction have been completed.
Chinenyenwa Jasper-Duruzor, President Chinenyenwa Jasper-Duruzor, President
President Email [email protected]
Chandler Pope, Vice President Chandler Pope, Vice President
Vice President Email [email protected]
Carly Paulus, Secretary Carly Paulus, Secretary
Secretary Email [email protected]
Jodi Sarno, Treasurer Jodi Sarno, Treasurer
Treasurer Email [email protected]