Men Advocating and Cultivating Healthy Outcomes
Type: Special Interest
MACHO is a student organization advocating for men's health and well-being, addressing masculinity, and promoting education on sexual assault and rape prevention. MACHO is open to all students regardless of gender, gender identity, or gender expression.
Purpose and Goals
- Support and promote men's health and well-being
- Address masculinity, male stereotypes, and gender roles
- Educate students on male roles in preventing rape and sexual assault
- Assist the university with policy changes regarding men, men's health, and sexual assault and rape
- Cultivate a healthy medium to discuss issues pertaining to men
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 1 credit hour at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- There are no gender requirements to hold membership.
- Nonvoting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non–Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- Membership dues shall be $5 per member per academic year.
Section IV: Oath
- All new members, both voting and nonvoting, shall be required to recite a one-time oath at the first meeting of the month.
- The oath shall be updated by the vice president of advocacy and approved in the executive committee by a unanimous vote.
Chandler Good, President Chandler Good, President
President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Burton, Vice President Robert Burton, Vice President
Vice President Email email@example.com
Brendon Phillips, Secretary Brendon Phillips, Secretary
Secretary Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Abubaker Yahya, Treasurer Abubaker Yahya, Treasurer
Treasurer Email email@example.com