Love Your Melon Campus Crew
Type: Special Interest
Love Your Melon is an apparel brand dedicated to giving a hat to every child battling cancer in America as well as supporting nonprofit organizations that lead the fight against pediatric cancer. Love Your Melon Campus Crew members raise awareness for pediatric cancer, represent the brand through promotional events, and dress up as superheroes to deliver beanies to children battling cancer.
Purpose and Goals
- Give a hat to every child battling cancer in America as well as supporting nonprofit organizations who lead the fight against pediatric cancer
- Create a community of like-minded college students motivated by the experience of making a difference in the lives of children battling cancer
- Create a personal approach to improving the lives of children battling cancer in the greater Fort Wayne area
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- General membership in Love Your Melon is open to all registered undergraduate students in good standing with the college/university without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, politics, and disability.
- The crew must have a minimum of 10 dedicated members and have no more than 20 dedicated members that are voted in through interviews performed by the captain, vice-captain, and club advisor. These 10–20 members will be affiliated with the national organization. Others who may not wish to be dedicated or do not show adequate commitment or desire to be affiliated may still be voting members and be able to attend meetings, come to events, and provide ideas and feedback.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part 1 Section A, Items 3 and 4. 5.
Section II: Types of Membership:
- To be elected as dedicated members, individuals must fill out an application provided by the current captain that requests information about availability, level of interest in the club, and other questions that may be subject to change in the future. After applications are filled out and reviewed by the captain and vice-captain. After these leadership members reach a consensus, a position within the crew will be presented to the individual.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- Dues are $10 per semester, per each member.
Kristina Ponce, President Kristina Ponce, President
President Email email@example.com
Julia Kirk, Vice President Julia Kirk, Vice President
Vice President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Bojrab, Secretary Natalie Bojrab, Secretary
Secretary Email email@example.com
Evan Thomas, Treasurer Evan Thomas, Treasurer
Treasurer Email firstname.lastname@example.org