Kappa Delta Pi
Also known as: Kappa Delta Pi - Rho Kappa Chapter
Join Kappa Delta Pi: Rho Kappa Chapter to foster relationships in education and teaching. Learn more about how we are enhancing these relationships with educators.
Purpose and Goals
- Promote excellence in and recognition of outstanding contributions to education
- Endeavor to maintain a high degree of professional fellowship among its members, quicken professional growth, and honor achievement in educational work
- Invite to membership persons who exhibit commendable professional qualities, worthy educational ideals, and sound scholarship, without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender or sexual identity, or disability
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications for Student Members:
- Undergraduate or graduate student members must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne. Those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- At least 51 percent of the officers must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II. Types of Membership
- When seeking membership as an undergraduate student, a candidate must:
- have at least 30 semester hours earned by the end of the term prior to initiation;
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for all coursework completed; and
- have at least 12 hours of professional education courses programmed, in progress, or completed.
- When seeking membership as a graduate student, a candidate must:
- have full graduate standing at Purdue Fort Wayne;
- completed 6 or more semester hours of graduate work at Purdue Fort Wayne;
- have at least 12 hours of professional education courses programmed, in progress, or completed; and
- have a cumulative GPA on all graduate work undertaken of at least 3.25.
- The number of faculty/staff initiated at any one initiation ceremony shall not exceed the number of other initiates. When seeking membership as a faculty member, a candidate must:
- be a faculty or educational support staff member of Purdue Fort Wayne; and
- give evidence of support for the chapter and its programs.
Section III. Financial Obligation
- All members must pay $10 in local fees every year.
- All members must pay $45 in national fees each year in order to maintain their membership.
Demari Sorg, President Demari Sorg, President
President Email email@example.com
Alyssa Kurtz, Vice President Alyssa Kurtz, Vice President
Vice President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Paige Gorney, Secretary Paige Gorney, Secretary
Secretary Email email@example.com
Josiah Brenneman, Treasurer Josiah Brenneman, Treasurer
Treasurer Email firstname.lastname@example.org