Honors Student Group
Join the Honors Student Group to enhance your learning experience at Purdue Fort Wayne. We aim to help you graduate with a certificate from the Honors Program.
Purpose and Goals
- Encourage academic excellence
- Plan events and activities that encourage intellectual stimulation
- Increase student participation in and awareness of the Honors Program of Purdue Fort Wayne
- Increase student awareness of and involvement in Honors Program Certificate and Medal Program
- Provide support and encouragement toward the completion of the Honors Program certificate and medal
- Inform Honors Program eligible students of available Honors Program courses
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include nonstudents.
- At least 51 percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students of Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part 1 Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students enrolled at Purdue Fort Wayne and shall be obtained by submitting an application to the secretary; the application and all procedures pertaining thereto shall be established and periodically reviewed by the membership.
- At least 51 percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students of Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity; voting members may participate in all events, functions, and activities undertaken by the Honors Student Group.
- Nonvoting membership shall be open to any nonstudents and shall be obtained by attending a meeting of the Honors Student Group.
- All events, functions, and activities undertaken by the Honors Student Group shall be open to nonvoting members unless specified in advance as outlined by the procedures established for such purpose.
- At no time shall the
membershipof the Honors Student Group fall below eight members.