Global Health Initiative
Type: Special Interest
Join the Global Health Initiative to learn more about and spread awareness about medical inadequacy in the world.
Purpose and Goals
- Raise awareness of rising medical inadequacy in the worldwide population by hosting monthly meetings to discuss current issues and plan local medical drives and fundraisers
- Educate preprofessional students as well as all medical-based students on global initiatives, not-for-profits, and charities that help combat these issues
- Help build undergraduate cocurricular transcripts for graduate school applications
- Utilize international projects to take an annual medical humanitarian trip outside the United States to receive hands-on experience that will be vital towards a career in medicine
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Nonvoting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non–Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Kimberly Flores, President Kimberly Flores, President
President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
John Garces, Vice President John Garces, Vice President
Vice President Email email@example.com
Steven York, Secretary Steven York, Secretary
Secretary Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyleigh Vibbert, Treasurer Kyleigh Vibbert, Treasurer
Treasurer Email email@example.com