Engineers Without Borders
Also known as: Engineers Without Borders USA
Learn about how the Engineers Without Borders student organization at Purdue Fort Wayne works to improve the world through engineering projects.
Purpose and Goals
Builda better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs and equip leaders to solve the world’s most pressing challenges.
- Be driven by the community, working in partnership to meet its needs
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include a limited number of nonstudents.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students of Purdue Fort Wayne, and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Members of the chapter must also be registered and current members of Engineers Without Borders USA, consistent with the policies and procedures of Engineers Without Borders USA.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- There are no dues for student membership in this organization, either national or local; however, the student chapter is responsible for payment to the national organization of the annual university chapter fee, which is $1,000 for institutions of 10,001 students or more. This will be obtained via fundraising.
Section IV: Nondiscrimination Policy
- Membership in the chapter shall not be denied to any person based on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part 1 Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Helen O'Shaughnessy, President Helen O'Shaughnessy, President
President Email email@example.com
Taha Alibhai, Vice President Taha Alibhai, Vice President
Vice President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lubaba Lamia, Secretary Lubaba Lamia, Secretary
Secretary Email email@example.com
Tanvir Minhas, Treasurer Tanvir Minhas, Treasurer
Treasurer Email firstname.lastname@example.org