Dons for Education
Also known as: Dons for Education (Formerly Kappa Delta Pi)
Join Dons for Education to foster relationships in education and teaching. Learn more about how we are enhancing these relationships with educators.
Purpose and Goals
The purposes and objectives of this organization are:
- Strengthen both educational and professional opportunities within Purdue Fort Wayne’s School of Education by gathering insights, concerns, and suggestions from Undergrad and Graduate students.
- To establish increased involvement of students in meaningful activities relating to the field of education.
- To create a pathway for students to join nationally affiliated education groups.
- To create more out-of-class interaction among students, faculty, and administration.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I. Qualification:
- Fifty-one (51) percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization/university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight (8) members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II. Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all School of Education students currently enrolled in at least three (3) credit hour(s) at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Non-voting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non-Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Section III. Financial Obligation
- There is a $15 fee per calendar year to be considered a member due by the first day of the month after of which you originally joined.