Delta Alpha Pi
Also known as: Delta Alpha Pi: Gamma Nu Chapter
Get involved with Delta Alpha Pi: Gamma Nu Chapter to help change perceptions associated with people with disabilities.
Purpose and Goals
- Help change negative perceptions associated with disability
- Support disabled students who have been reluctant to identify themselves publicly
- Recognize students with disabilities for their academic accomplishments
- Facilitate the development of skills in leadership, advocacy, and education for participating students
- Provide advocacy for those with disabilities
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
- All student members must present with a documented disability and work with one of the faculty/advisors in the Services for Students with Disabilities office; students must demonstrate an interest in disability issues. Undergraduate students must have completed a minimum of 24 credits and earned an overall GPA of 3.1. Graduate students must have completed a minimum of 18 credits and earned an overall GPA of 3.3.
Section II. Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to qualified students currently enrolled in at least 1 credit hour at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Nonvoting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non–Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.