American Choral Directors Association
The mission of the American Choral Directors Association is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Purpose and Goals
- Promote choral singing that provides artistic, cultural, and spiritual experiences for the participants
- Promote the finest types of choral experiences possible
- Foster the organization and development of all choral groups in Fort Wayne
- Promote the development of choral music in all places of worship
- Promote the understanding of choral music as an important medium of contemporary artistic expression
- Promote research in the field of choral music
- Encourage choral composition of superior quality
- Encourage rehearsal procedures conducive to attaining the highest possible level of musicianship and artistic performance
- Cooperate with all organizations dedicated to the development of musical culture in Fort Wayne and at Purdue Fort Wayne
- Disseminate professional news and information about choral music
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Membership Eligibility
The membership of the organization shall be made up from students at Purdue Fort Wayne who, because of their interest in choral music, have chosen to become members of this chapter of the American Choral Directors Association. While it is anticipated that most members would currently be singing in a choral ensemble, this is not explicitly required.
Section II: Nondiscrimination Policy
Membership shall not be limited on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part 1 Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section III: Membership Responsibilities
- Be a current student at Purdue Fort Wayne and enrolled in at least one music class
- Be a student in good standing with Purdue Fort Wayne as defined in the Purdue Fort Wayne Student Handbook
- Have paid their annual membership dues
- Attend at least one meeting each semester
Section IV: Resignation
Members shall be asked to resign if they do not meet any of the responsibilities listed in Article IV, Section Three above. If a member
resignfrom an officer position, they shall submit a letter in writing to the president of the organization.