Type: Special Interest
You can join Active Minds to find a safe, fun, and supportive environment. The organization promotes awareness and acceptance of mental health through events and other forms of media for the public.
Purpose and Goals
- Increase awareness among Purdue Fort Wayne students about issues of mental health, symptoms of mental illness, and available resources in and around the Purdue Fort Wayne community
- Become a point of reference for Purdue Fort Wayne students for information on Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Eating Disorders, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Become a liaison between Purdue Fort Wayne students and the mental health community through posting fact sheets on campus; hosting and/or sponsoring charity fundraisers, guest speakers, and related events; and maintaining a comprehensive website
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization and university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 1 credit hour at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Nonvoting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non–Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- Dues are $5 a year. The president or treasurer will authorize expenditures.