Make an Impact at Purdue Fort Wayne
The Student Activities Board is a great place to create change and positively influence our campus, and we could use your thoughts and ideas. If the following items excite you about the future of Purdue Fort Wayne, the Student Activities Board may be for you:
- Determining what events happen on campus
- Improving student life on campus
- Gaining valuable programming experience
- Developing leadership and communication skills
- Meeting new people and networking throughout the campus and Fort Wayne community
As a member of the Student Activities Board, you will be able to help plan Welcome Week, Homecoming Week, Spring Fling, the Chancellor Chili Fest, and more!
The following positions are for the 2019–20 academic year.
Help at events as needed and attend weekly meetings.
You will be expected to serve on one of the following committees:
- Member Development
- Educational Programming
Oversee a committee, have committee meetings with members, meet with all committee chairs, and meet the Student Activities Board director and student programming coordinator.
To be a member of the Student Activities Board, you must meet the following requirements:
- Assist collaboratively in the development, implementation, evaluation, and assessment of campus-wide programs and theme weeks, including Welcome Back Week, Homecoming Week, Spring Fling, and the Chancellor’s Chili Fest
- Attend weekly meetings
- Read and respond to weekly emails and discussions
- Actively assist in the program organization, logistics, staffing, volunteer recruitment, supervision, sponsorship, marketing, promotion, and evaluation
- Be a current Purdue Fort Wayne student in good academic standing